Thursday, September 26, 2013

Holiness to the Lord

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has 141 operating temples worldwide. Here is just a glimpse of a few of those beautiful structures.

Salt Lake City, UT Temple

Logan, UT Temple (My hometown!)

Newport Beach, CA Temple

Bogota Colombia Temple

Boston, MA Temple

Brigham City, UT Temple

Campinas Brazil Temple

Mesa, AZ Temple

Orlando, FL Temple

Kansas City, MO Temple

Laie, HI Temple

In the temple, we are taught, we make covenants, and we are promised blessings. We receive ordinances that enable us to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. They are absolutely sacred.. :) The current prophet and president of the church (Thomas S. Monson) has stated, "I think there is no place in the world where I feel closer to the Lord than in one of His holy temples." I feel the same way! My parents were married and sealed together for time and for eternity in the Logan temple. Just like in Matthew 16:19, their marriage was bound on earth and in heaven that day, and my family will always be together. I love them so much, and I know that the family is CENTRAL to Heavenly Father's plan. The temple is a place where families cease to be separated, where they cannot be cut off by death. The temple is a beautiful place, the most peaceful and pure place I have ever been. I love my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for temples, for Jesus Christ, and for the FULLNESS of the gospel that is available today. I am so happy when I go there, and I know that those feelings are real. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to have every blessing. :) 

To learn more about temples go here.
To talk to people who can teach more about our church, go here.
and to find answers to questions of your soul, PRAY and then listen and HEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment